Pokemon Go player has leg amputated after falling onto electrified tracks

P;laying Pokemon Go is apparently dangerous. A British man lost his leg while playing the game.

Share Adjust Comment Print

Call it the perils of Pikachu.

A British man obsessed with Pokemon Go was so focused on the, er game, that he fell onto electrified railway tracks.

The result was that the man’s right leg had to be amputated because of the severity of his injuries. He also suffered third and fourth-degree burns.

He had been looking at his phone when the accident occurred.

His legs, chest, arm and jaw were all affected and the man needed numerous operations to recover.

The incident has prompted a doctor to warn about the increasing amount of people he’s seeing in emergency rooms who were injured — or killed — while looking at their phones.

The man was not identified.

YUCK! Doctors release photos of the man’s injuries. He hurt himself while playing Pokemon Go and fell onto electrified rail tracks.

The gamer was taken into the operating room where doctors had to cut off the burned skin and muscle.

He then returned to surgery two days later to have more flesh removed, along with his kneecap, which had started to rot.

The decision was made by doctors to amputate his right leg above the knee, leaving him with a “significant disability.”

“Media coverage has reported on safety incidents involving Pokemon Go, including people becoming stranded, risky behaviour at the sites of known minefields and the unfortunate death of a teenager,” said Dr. Kai Yuen Wong, who wrote about the case.

“Limb salvage was not possible in this patient. And therefore, in addition to his acute care, the disease burden will include the long-term costs associated with an above-knee amputation in a young man.”

A study estimated Pokemon Go was responsible for 150,000 traffic accidents and 256 deaths in the first 148 days after the game’s release.

Comments